Frequently Asked Questions
Do you serve all kinds of pets? Or just dogs and cats?
- From common to exotic - we can serve your pet needs from several ounces to 450 lbs. To date, we've served the following types of pets: Cats, Dogs, Pot-bellied Pigs, Guinea Pigs, Gerbils, Mini-Horses, Sheep, Donkeys, Birds, Fish, Alpacas, Goats, Calves, Snakes, Hermet Crabs, Lizzards, Sugar Gliders, Chinchilla, Pet Possums, Hedgehogs, Monkeys, Bearded Dragons, Geckos, Rabbit; and believe it or not... a Mountain Lion!
If my pet has died, can I bring them to you?
- Absolutely. You'll find complete details and instructions related to this on our Pet Removal Services page.
Will you come and pick my pet up from my home?
- Yes. You do have the choice to bring your pet to us, and we will also pick up your pet from any veterinarian. You can find full details about this service on our Pet Removal Services page.
If I know my pet's death is imminent, can I make arrangements with you in advance?
- Yes. It's quite common in fact. Please just give us a call, fill out our contact form, or stop by and speak with us in-person.
Will you work directly with my veterinarian?
- Yes. We have strong relationships with many vets in the area.
Will you euthanize my pet?
- No. However we can put you in touch with one of our local partner veterinarians that can provide that service. If that difficult decision is one you are needing to make, you may contact us to make any arrangements to honor your pet before his/her euthanization.
- Full payment is due prior to any service being performed. We accept all major credit cards, personal checks, or cash.
Once my pet is in your care, how long will it take for him/her to be returned to me?
- You pet's remains will be ready to be picked up or mailed out to you within 3-5 business days. You have the option to come and pick them up at our facility, or you may prefer that we mail them to you for a fee of $30. When owners choose this method, we send them USPS priority shipping, with a tracking number, and will also require a signature upon delivery. If we are sending them back to your veterinarian's office, your vet will contact you upon arrival. Please note we may only return your pet's remains if you've chosen Private Cremation.
If my pet passes in the middle of the night, or on a weekend what should I do?
- You may take your pet to an emergency vet clinic and tell them you want to use Loyal and True or you may place your pet in a safe place and place them in a box, blanket or towel. You can bring your pet to our office without an appointment as soon as our office opens.
Can I be present for my pet's cremation?
- Yes. We have a completely open facility and transparent process so you may be present for your pet's cremation however it is by appointment only.